Facts about Steamboat Springs, Colorado – Population, Climate, Jobs
Steamboat Ski Area: Base: 6,900’ Summit/Mt. Werner: 10,568’
Steamboat’s population: 12,180 (July 2009 estimate)
Routt County’s population: 23,989 (2009 estimate)
Growth between 2000 and 2009: 24% in Steamboat, 19% in Routt County and 16.8% in Colorado.
Coldest month: January. with an average high of 28 degrees
Warmest month: July, with an average high of 82 degrees
Median Sales Price for Property in Steamboat Springs
Single Family Home 2007/$849,500 — 2008/$960,750 — 2009/$630,000
Townhome 2007/$649,000 — 2008/$725,000 — 2009/$685,000
Condo 2007/$345,000 — 2008/$360,000 — 2009/$385,000
Lot 2007/$550,000 — 2008/$560,000 — 2009$445,000
Yampa Valley Medical Services
• The 39-bed Yampa Valley Medical Center is a regional hospital serving residents of Northwest Colorado and visitors from around the world. In 2009 the hospital had more than 128,000 outpatient visits.
• YVMC has about 545 employees and 198 active volunteers.
• The Doak Walker Care Center offers skilled nursing care in an intergenerational setting with GrandKids Child Care Center.
• The Haven in Hayden provides assisted living for 20 residents.
• Northwest Colorado Visiting Nurse Association provides well-child care, immunizations, home health care, grief support, care for the terminally ill, handicapped clinics, prenatal care and a neurology clinic.
• Steamboat Mental Health Center provides outpatient and 24-hour emergency mental health services for all of Routt County.
Business & the Economy in Steamboat Springs
•Major industries: mining, agriculture and residential, including second-home sector and location-neutral businesses
•Tourism’s estimated contribution to Steamboat’s sales tax revenues: 35-40%
•350,000-400,000 winter visitors
•250,000-300,000 summer visitors
•Winter (Nov. to April) generates approximately 25-30% of city sales-tax revenues.
•Peabody’s Twentymile Coal Mine in Routt County is one of the largest
coal-producers in Colorado.
•Twentymile Coal Mine employs 515 people and shipped 8.6 million tons of coal in 2008 – more than 25% of Colorado’s total coal production.
•Major crops in Routt County: cattle, sheep, horses, hay, alfalfa, wheat, barley and oats
•Local ag organizations: CSU Routt County Extension, Community Agriculture Alliance, Historic Routt County and Yampa Valley Land Trust
•10 depository institutions with comprehensive banking services
•Local winners of the Colorado Companies to Watch Award: Big Agnes and Boa Technology
•Over 90% of local companies have 10 employees or less.
•Location-neutral employees’ contribution to the local community: $35 million and $600,000 or more in annual sales tax.
For more on this topic or questions regarding real estate in Steamboat Springs, feel free to call Charlie at 970-846-6435 or write me an email at: email@example.com. I will answer your post or email promptly with candid and informed answers. Click here to view all properties in Steamboat Springs in “real time” — This is one of the few real estate sites showing all foreclosed and all short sale listings in real time and updated every few minutes.
H1 Page Title
[ Mobile Friendly ] Front-End SEO Editor