Realtors Give Back
As we approach the 10th anniversary of 9/11 this weekend, we’ll remember how citizens of New York City and our entire nation pulled together to sort through the ashes where the Twin Towers once stood and begin the process of restoring normalcy – albeit an entirely new norm for our country. At this time it’s worth noting that since September 2001, Realtors have provided more than $22 million dollars in disaster relief to victims. This is in addition to the countless hours Realtors put in volunteering at disaster sites in ways too numerous to count. What has been calculated are the following grants and donations over the past 10 years that have helped countless victims get back on their feet. As reported in the September issue of REALTOR Magazine, the real estate industry gives, and gives generously in times of crisis.
* 2001: $8.5 million in assistance to 1,333 families affected by the 9/11 attacks
* 2002-2003: $123,000 in total contributed toward providing relief for Rhode Island fire, Southern Maryland tornado and wildfires in Arizona and California
* 2004-2005: $6.9 million for hurricanes Charley/Katrina/Rita/Wilma who hit Alabama, Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas, tornado in Illinois and Tsunami relief through Habitat for Humanity
* 2006-2007: $4.7 millionfor flooding in Texas, tornado’s in Illinois, Kansas and Tennessee, wildfires in California and hurricanes Katrina/Rita/Wilma that ravaged Alabama, Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas
* 2008-2009: $692,000 for floods in Iowa and Nevada, hurricanes Gustav & Ike who hit Louisiana and Texas and the tornado that ripped through Colorado
* 2010-2011: $1.3 million for earthquake/tsunami reliefin Haiti & Japan, floods in Minnesota, Mississippi, North Dakota, Rhode Island and Tennessee, wildfires in Colorado and tornado’s in Alabama, Massachusetts & Missouri
Recently hurricane Irene caused immense damage along the east coast, so we can safely assume that giving and volunteering continues from Realtors around the country. In the blink of an eye anyone’s world can change, and knowing there are people willing to reach out at a moment’s notice with donations of time and/or money is reassuring. So as we reflect on the tragedy of 9/11 this weekend, let’s not forget how it reminded us of how strong a nation the United States is, and how we step up to help those in need each and every time there’s a crisis or a disaster at hand.
I’m proud to be a member of the National Association of Realtors: a caring entity in this business of real estate.
—For more information on buying real estate or questions regarding Steamboat Springs real estate or renting a home in Steamboat Springs, Colorado, feel free to call Charlie at 970-846-6435 or write me an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
H1 Page Title
[ Mobile Friendly ] Front-End SEO Editor