YEAR-END Steamboat Real Estate Report VLOG
February 7, 2020 | by Charlie Dresen
The PERFECT OLD TOWN home in Steamboat Springs $1,995,000
HIP CONDO near the SKI AREA in Steamboat FOR SALE
Staging Brings Attention for Homes
For 105 Years Old – She looks great!! $1,995,000
Privacy and View from this Single Family Home in Steamboat Springs
Fall Color on Buffalo Pass in Steamboat Springs CO | HOME $4,300,000
Life on Buffalo Pass $4,300,000
Buffalo Pass Home for Sale. A forest retreat minutes to Steamboat Springs. Enjoy a tour of this spectacular Colorado mountain home.
High Above Strawberry Park $4,300,000
High Above Strawberry Park...
An architectural masterpiece nestled in a lush and private hillside oasis. Less than 8 minutes to downtown Steamboat Springs, the ultimate in luxury, serenity and convenience merge together right here in Strawberry Park. This mountain home is a delight of whimsical when thoughtful, expansive yet cozy. Light filters through the home on cue and windows are perfectly positioned to highlight the spectacular views. The expansive master suite is located on the main floor and includes a sitting area with floor to ceiling rock fireplace, private covered terrace, walk-in closet, and incredible bathroom. The elegant study features wood paneling, fireplace and recessed lighting while the four additional bedrooms each showcase their own distinctive style. Discretely nestled near the top of a ridge, the 34-acre property borders National Forest - wildlife is abundant and those who enjoy outdoor recreation can rejoice with the convenience of hiking, biking and snowmobiling right from the home.
Click here for the property website with additional photos, information and a Matterport 3D Virtual Home Tour!
You can also click here for listing details.
BUYING TIPs for the COLD WINTER in Steamboat
Septic Systems – The HOT SCOOP on POOP
- Don't bury it in the winter. Unless it's clean and pumped.
- Don't drive over it with anything heavy. A crushed drain field is cost to fix.
- Don't flush or drain anything you're not supposed to. Make sure your TP is septic safe. And limit the grease you put down your drain.
VAN LIFE – 2020 Winnebago Revel
Private Water Fly-Fishing in Steamboat Springs
Private water fly-fishing in Steamboat Springs with Steve Henderson...
Top Three Reasons to Live in Steamboat Springs, Colorado
Thank You Friends – 2018
Thank you to all my wonderful clients and associates for a great 2018! Here is a shout out to you all from SteamboatsMyHome...
When Outside is Just as Important as Inside – You go to South Shore
24375 Arapahoe RoadSOLD - South Shore at Stagecoach - Let the outside in. Just south of Steamboat Springs situated above the southern end of Stagecoach Lake is a beautiful, light filled contemporary home. The wall of south facing windows are filled with views of the lake, Blactktail Mountain and the Flat Tops Wilderness. Sitting on 1/2 acre, neighbors are near, but not next door providing space, privacy and room to breathe. The soaring vaulted ceiling in the great room feels as big as the landscape and the open floor-plan allows you to see the outside no matter where you are. The kitchen features stainless appliances, an island with bar seating and a gas range. There’s plenty of outdoor living space as well – some covered just off the kitchen as well as a patio with fire pit a short walk from the deck. A 2-car garage keeps cars and toys out of the weather. But yes, it’s all about the views. Stagecoach is a residential community located approximately 20 miles from the town of Steamboat Springs, adjacent to Stagecoach Lake State Park. This area offers a myriad of recreational opportunities, including boating, fishing, ice fishing, biking, hiking and more. This is a beautiful area overlooking the Stagecoach Reservoir where several subdivisions include a little bit of everything: condos, townhomes, single family homes, small ranches, “off-grid” properties, rural vacant land, and large acreage parcels. Real Estate Videos help SELL in Steamboat Springs, Colorado. For more information on Real Estate or Steamboat Springs, check out my website and vlogs! Website: http://www.SteamboatsMyHome.com Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SteamboatsMyHome/ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/charliedresen/ Charlie Dresen Change Your Experience Real Estate Associate Broker | Sotheby's
My Favorite Real Estate VIDEO of 2019 SELLS FAST
Steamboat Point Home SELLS with VIDEO and Proven Marketing
BEAR CLAW Condo Sells in Steamboat Springs
Affordable Ski Condo SOLD
Old Town Home with Modern Lines
Majestic Townhome in Steamboat Springs SOLD
Heritage Park Home SELLS Multiple OFFERS in Steamboat
Fireside, slopeside, poolside, courtside, trailside…SOLD!
SOLD – Ultimate VIEWS Over Stagecoach Lake near Steamboat
SOLD – 951 Paloverde Way in Steamboat Springs, Colorado. 4 BED | 4 BATH | 2 CAR | $759,000
SOLD -FULL PRICE WEST END VILLAGE – $729,000
Single Family Home in the West End Village, Steamboat Springs
SOLD 5 Bedroom Home on Meadowbrook Circle $1,885,000
SOLD old town HOME sold in 4 days in Steamboat Springs
Old Town Home for sale in Steamboat Springs, CO. In high demand, this home nestled in downtown Steamboat Springs went under contract in just 4 days!
SOLD – Cross Timbers Ski Area 2+ Bedroom $699,000
SOLD -1885 Hunters Drive | 4 Bedroom In Steamboat Springs $759,000
4 bedroom home for sale in Steamboat Springs, Colorado
Spacious duplex on quiet residential street with ski area views. Hickory hardwoods and vaulted ceilings compliment the gas fireplace and west facing views. Large dining area and an open living floor-plan on the main level. All with radiant in-floor heat so efficient and comfortable in the winter. Three bedrooms upstairs with a large master suite with walk-in closet and one bedroom in the lower level in addition to a large family room. Plenty of space in this townhouse, and with a wrap-around deck, there's loads of outdoor living and BBQ opportunities. Local pond and walking trails across the street, city bus stop a short walk away. Ideal for full-time residence, part-time home, or potential rental income. Basement level of home can be locked off internally and has its own garden level entrance.
Click here for more information
The Best Investment in Town – SOLD
Cammie & Dave Give You a Tour : The Personal Side to Selling Real Estate
The Personal Side to Selling Real Estate: Cammie & Dave Give You a Tour
Real estate is an emotional business. Homes are where meals are shared, laughter is loud, and memories are made. Helping a buyer connect to a home on an emotional level is key when selling, and here's a perfect example. Cammie & Dave are selling their Cascades at Eagleridge townhouse and they are going to give you tour of their home...
Want more info? Click here to view listing.
Click here to see how I can help sell your home.
Bears. Yes, Real Live Bears help sell this Home
Dog Friendly Mtn. Vista – SOLD
DOG FRIENDLY MOUNTAIN VISTA TOWNHOME!
Enjoy a fabulous location and rather private setting within the highly desirable Mountain Vista neighborhood! This 2 bedroom townhome has lots to offer with an airy and open layout, plenty of natural light, vaulted ceilings and a two car garage. The covered front deck affords lovely south/west views of the Steamboat Ski Area and Emerald Mountain. A private covered courtyard from the main level master offers additional outdoor living and a serene space to retreat. This home has been recently remodeled and no details were overlooked. Beautiful German beech kitchen cabinetry with soft close features, custom laundry storage, bamboo flooring, and contemporary bathroom design are just a few of the thoughtful features included in the home. There is plenty of storage throughout the home including ski tuning area in the garage area. Conveniently located between downtown and the mountain, and just a short walk to Rita Valentine park, this is a wonderful opportunity for a savvy buyer.
Spectacular Remodel in Old Town – Great Seller Interview – SOLD
Winter at Bucks Path in Elkins Meadows
Bucks Path, where every season is a true delight...
Home in Elkins Meadows
YEAR-END Steamboat Real Estate Report VLOG
2019 Routt county property assessments going UP $$$$$
- March 2019 Gross Volume. $39.1 million. Down 21% from 2018 // YTD Down 13%
- Transaction down 18% from last year / / YTD down 12%
- Total Listings Down (EVERYTHING SF, condo, land, commercial) continue to drop 999 today / compared to 2,200 in 2011. Inventory drops = price go up.
- What’s not dropping are pending sales. We have 184 Pending sales totaling over $153 Million (May 2018 we had 132)
- And your 2019 assessed value are not going down. In fact, I’ve heard from a lot of you already and I’m seeing a 25-35% increase in 2019 assessed values. So has your property increased 30% in one year? NO. But in the last 10 years, from 2009 -2019, the average appreciated for real estate has been about 4% per year. Now these assessment don’t change every year like a home does, so 30% in one year is high. Really high. And this doesn’t necessary mean your taxes are going up the same 30%. We won’t that for several months. Taxes are based on Actual value / assessment rate / mill levy. The mill levy is multiplier that fluctuates. So again, even though your assessed value went up a huge amount, doesn’t necessarily mean your real estate taxes are going through the roof. You can appeal the value of this new assessment by sending in, before June 1, comparable sales of like-kind properties that show your place is worth less than the assessed value. Send me an email if you need help with that.
When to BUY & SELL in STEAMBOAT SPRINGS, CO
- $35.1 Million in Gross Volume for February 2019 / up 1.5% from 2018 - we’re still down 9.3% YTD
- 67 transactions for February 2019 / down 2.9% from 2018 and we’re still 8% from 2018 YTD.
- Average Residential Price continues to climb. Last month it was $710,000. This month, now YTD (2 months) it’s climbed to $728,000. (Up 2.5% in one month)
- In almost every price point, Average Residential Prices are up. In fact, we’re headed into our 5thstraight year of price increases.
- Let’s back up to 2014. Average Price was $567,000 for Improved Residential Sales.
- 2015 it was down 3.1%to $549,000.
- 2016 it reboundedup 3.3%to $568,000
- 2017 saw a 4% increaseto $592,000
- 2018 whoa – Up 13.7%to $686,000
- 2019 YTD (ONLY 2 months) $728,000 is UP 5.7%from average 2018 in just 2 months.
- In 4 years and 2 MONTHS – the average residential price has seen an increase of 26.7% --- 7% UP
SNOW IKON SNOW WHOA – A Real Estate Vlog
It’s OVER . . . Year-End Report
- YTD Average Residential price is $686,781 up from $592,745 in 2017
- YTD Average Residential price per square foot $350 up from $317 in 2017
- YTD Gross volume +7.18%
- YTD Transactions -8.15%
- There were 7 New Unit Sales in December with 4 of those being new homes in the Sunlight Subdivision
- Local buyers made up 51% of sales in December in Routt county. We ended the year at 52% of all sales being local - great for a resort town! This truly speaks to our sense of community in the Yampa Valley.
- There were a total of 127 loans in December with 56% of purchasers closing with financing at the time of sale while 44% closed with cash. There were 62 refinance transactions.
Sights Around Town and Market Statistics
- Gross Volume was $63.33M - up 2.77% from November 2017, up 7.2% YTD.
- This included a ranch property sold for $15,875,000. Without this figures would have been down.
- November transactions totaled 99, down from 132 last November.
- 60% of residential transactions were properties sold for $500,000 or less.
- Median residential price for SF is $617,900. YTD 2017 was $559,500, a 10% increase.
- Average residential price per square foot $353 YTD. This time last year it was only $292, that’s a 19% increase.
- Local buyers made up 40% of sales in November in Routt county
- 55% of November purchasers closing with financing while 45% closed with cash. Strong upswing in owner carry deals – owner carry was the second largest “lender” in November.
Fake News? Charlie debates Charlie on the Steamboat market stats
Home Owner Insurance & Market Report VLOG#13
Don't get burned with low home insurance coverage!
SteamboatsMyHome Market Report for September 2018
Latest market news plus how to not get burned on your home insurance policy. Charlie chats with local Statefarm Agent Debbie Aragon for what to do and what not to do!A standard homeowners insurance policy insures your home's structure (house,) and your belongings in the event of a destructive event, such as a fire. In addition, homeowners insurance policies are generally "package policies." This means that the coverage includes not only damage to your property, but also your liability—that is, legal responsibility—for any injuries and property damage to others caused by you or members of your family (including your household pets). DWELLING PROTECTION One of the basic coverages of a homeowners insurance policy is dwelling protection, which helps cover the structure of the home in which you live, as well as other structures that are attached to it, such as a garage or a deck, against certain risks. OTHER STRUCTURES PROTECTION Most homeowners insurance policies also include coverage for other structures that are on your property but separate from your home, like a detached garage, tool shed or fence. PERSONAL PROPERTY PROTECTION Homeowners insurance doesn't just help cover damage to your home. It may also provide coverage for the personal belongings you keep within it. Suppose your electronics are stolen from your home or your furniture is damaged by a fire. Personal property protection may help pay to repair or replace your belongings if they are damaged or destroyed by a covered risk. Many insurers offer optional coverages that may further help protect the stuff you own. For instance, you may be able to purchase extended coverage for items such as jewelry, watches and furs that have values above your personal property coverage limits.
Kitec Plumbing Issues / August Market Report – Real Estate Vlog
The Market's Hot, Kitec's Not.
Welcome to our August Real Estate Report!Kitec plumbing was a plumbing system widely used for residential use in the 90’s and early 2000’s. Over the past several years it has been discovered that these fittings are failing and causing leaks and burst pipes. Kitec plumbing consists of plastic-coated aluminum pipes and brass fittings. Kitec brass fittings are defective because they dezincify. Dezincification is a process whereby zinc leaches from brass, which is an alloy of copper and zinc, thereby creating a white powdery buildup on the inside of the fitting and a weakening of the brass fitting. Dezincification can lead to, among other things, restricted water flow and an increased likelihood of the brass fitting leaking or breaking. The Kitec pipe is typically blue in color for cold water and orange in color for hot water. The pipe is usually marked with one of the following brand names; Kitec, PlumbBetter, IPEX AQUA, WarmRite, Kitec XPA, AmbioComfort, XPA, KERR Controls or Plomberie Améliorée. Where the fittings are visible look for the words Kitec or KTC on them. The terms CSA B137.9/10 or ATSM F1974 could also indicate that you have a Kitec system. Often, the best places to look for the Kitec system is near the hot water tank or in the mechanical room where the pipe is connected to or exits the walls. Also look under kitchen sinks or bathroom vanities, where the pipe and/or fitting exits the wall.
July Market Update – MAJOR OBJECTIONS = $$$ VLOG #11
June Market Report & Core Trail Info VLOG#10
Market Update Vlog #9 – FROM AUSTRALIA
Dogs and Real Estate – Woof VLOG #8
Steamboat Springs has gone to the Dogs! Get the local dog talk here.
IKON PASS & Market Report March 2018 VLOG #7
Ikon Pass & Market Report for March 2018
Market Report October 2017 VLOG#3
Market Report Sep 2017 VLOG#2
How the Steamboat Springs Real Estate Market is coasting, Sept 2017