COMMUNITY FUND CONTRIBUTIONS TOP $36,000
The Steamboat Sotheby’s International Realty Community Fund recently completed the Spring 2019 round of grant funding, awarding $8700 to seven local non-profit organizations. In two short years and four grant funding cycles, the Community Fund has now awarded $36,800 in contributions to 26 organizations, making a significant impact in the lives of those in our community.
The Community Fund is an excellent example of the power of collective giving. The premise is that contributions pooled together through the collective giving of many, result in a greater impact to the community and the programs that receive funding.
For the Spring 2019 grant cycle, 22 applications were submitted, and funding was awarded to the following organizations and programs:
– Book Trails – Summer Scholarship Program
– Grand Futures Prevention Coalition – Seminar Scholarships for Nursing Students and First Responders
– LiftUp of Routt County – Emergency Housing Assistance Program
– Rocky Mountain Youth Corps – Yampa Valley Science School Scholarships
– Routt County Crisis Support – First Responders’ Mental Health Support
– Steamboat Youth Hockey Association – Steamboat Schools and ASSET Program Growth and Development Initiative
– Young Tracks Child Care Center – Tuition Assistance Program
“Our team is incredibly proud of the SSIR Community Fund program, and the positive impact that it has had on so many lives in Routt County,” says Traci Smith, fund coordinator. “The grant decision process can be very challenging, as there are so many incredible organizations doing really important work in our communities. Our committee gives careful consideration to each application, and we feel grateful to be able to give back to our community in this meaningful way.”
The next round of grant applications is due October 1, 2019. For more information or to apply for a grant, visit SSIR’s Community Fund Page.