Like Beer? Your Timing Is Impeccable!
Today is the kickoff of the 8th Annual OktoberWest! This is a unique Steamboat Springs version of the globes oldest beer festival, with a plethora of brews to enjoy, local food and plenty of entertainment. Colorado loves its microbreweries and there will be more than 45 Rocky Mountain Brewers featured throughout the weekend, including some local favorites.
Friday Sept 16th:
Friday night beer stroll through downtown Steamboat Springs
Saturday Sept 17th:
Live music from The Young Dubliners, taste all the beef you can eat at the “I Love Beef” cook-off, and sample beverages from a selection of over 45 Rocky Mountain Brewers at the beer garden. These events are being held at Gondola Square in the Mountain Area.
If you can’t make OktoberWest this weekend don’t worry, we have 5 great and very different brew houses right here in Routt County:
* Butcherknife Brewing Company – Noted in the Denver Post last year as one the “Colorado Breweries to Watch”, stop by and see for yourself.
* Storm Peak Brewing Company – Sports bar style setting with picture perfect sunsets from the deck.
* Mountain Tap Brewery – Enjoy your beer with great food straight out of the wood fired oven, and not just pizza.
* Yampa Valley Brewing Company – Located in Hayden just minutes from the airport, a perfect diversion when your flight gets delayed!
* Mahogany Ridge Brewery – One of the most established restaurants and popular happy hours in town.
Check them out and let us know what your favorite is!