Steamboat Springs, Colorado schools rank high with the Colorado Department of Education. As a parent and Realtor in Steamboat, schools are important to the community. So it’s great to hear the recent news that the Steamboat Springs schools earned top marks again within the state. Steamboat is one of 18 school districts, out of 178 in Colorado, to be “accredited with distinction” for its academic performance in the 2010-11 school year, according to the Colorado Department of Education. Steamboat is in the District of RE-2.
These measures that are determined by Colorado Student Assessment Program and ACT scores. And more importantly determine the students preparedness for college. In the 2010-11 school year, every school and every grade level in the Steamboat Springs School District surpassed state averages in the CSAP, according to test results released by the state Department of Education.
So why is it that Steamboat received such high marks in education? I believe there and many factors that go into this and much of it has to do with the community and what makes Steamboat Springs such a great place to live.
- Teachers: I have to direct most of my accolades to the teachers. Teachers are the heart and soul of the education process. Without such great teachers in Steamboat, we would not receive such great marks.
- Parents: Parents are a big part in the education of students as well. Not only at home but in the classroom as well. There is a higher rate of parent volunteering in Steamboat Springs then other districts and helps in the process. There’s also the fact that Steamboat parents tend to be more educated and affluent, thus, expectation are higher for their kids.
- Community: Steamboat Springs is a vibrant and healthy community. There are so many great programs for kids that keep them involved and growing more than just in schools. From the Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club to Yampatika to the local arts programs, there’s something for every kid here in Steamboat.
If you would like to real the local Steamboat Today article on this story click Steamboat Schools.
Public high schools in Steamboat Springs:
Private high schools in Steamboat Springs:
Public elementary/middle schools in Steamboat Springs:
Private elementary/middle schools in Steamboat Springs:
- LOWELL WHITEMAN PRIMARY SCHOOL (Students: 68; Location: 818 OAK ST; Grades: TK – 8)
- DISCOVERY LEARNING CENTER (Students: 67; Location: 2875 VILLAGE DR; Grades: PK – KG)